Heinrich Harrer Limited Edition Portfolio

Dalai Lama :: Introduction :: Gallery :: Portfolio Information :: Harrer Biography :: Reviews :: FAQs :: Links :: Contact

 

The Western Gate The Horn at Chagpori Ngari Rinpoche The Monk Dance The Largest Thangka Arrival of the Ministers The Game of Sho Khampa Warriors The Dalai Lama's Flight, 1951 The Holy Relics

Along the right bank of the Kyichu (Kyi River) were several lingka (gardens or parks) with willow and poplar shade trees. The most beautiful were the Tsermalingka and Shugtrilingka. There were no fences or visible partitions between the lingka, and the Dalai Lama's horses grazed freely.

Here, monk officials of the Tsedrung (the Potala's ecclesiastical court) bow in respect before three cabinet ministers who have just crossed the great open fields between Lhasa and the river to attend a banquet. These Kalon (Cabinet Ministers) were three of the four most prominent officials in the Tibetan Government.

 

—Excerpted from The Heinrich Harrer Limited Edition Portfolio. ©1999 Ahimsa, Inc. All rights reserved.